Senica & Herbal Essences Product Review

As posted on Instagram (BesosFeron) I have a lot of product reviews for you all!! Originally, this was only going to be a review on the Senica Senk shampoo bar and the Herbal Essences Honey I'm strong conditioner but I decided to give you all a bonus and try a few more products!!

Starting from left to right, I'll give a brief spill on the products whether I loved or hated them with the review on the shampoo bar and honey I'm strong at the end.




Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper (from Sept. curlbox)
-Curl Keeper claims to enable you to become a master of gorgeous frizz-free curls without product build up. It is a clear serum that is applied to freshly washed or damp hair. I applied it to my hair before doing a chunky twist out and I can't lie, I love this product!! It is very lightweight, has a great fresh clean smell, and isn't sticky. It's a clear water based liquid that is a little thick like a syrup. I can say it helped reduce my usual frizz I get from separating my twists tremendously. I would definitely recommend this product or looking further into the brand.
Results, less frizz

Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme
-Curly Butter Creme claims to be the best darn butter creme period. If you remember my blog post on free Miss Jessie's samples, this is the other sample I received. Well, I really wanted to like this product but I could not get past the smell. The smell of this product is a very loud and potent peppermint smell which is odd, peppermint oil is not one of the ingredients. It made my eyes water! Another thing I'm not happy about is it contains *petrolatum* and *mineral oil*. There is nothing wrong with these ingredients, to each is their own, but for me I don't use products with these ingredients. The consistency is a thick creme like any other curl creme but I did not find it to be very moisturizing. I couldn't stand the odor so I only used it on two twists in the front of my head. I personally can not recommend this product for the above reasons. I hated it. The smell alone.. turned me off and my scalp was tingling! From what, I'm not sure.

Organic Root Stimulator Nature's Shine (from Sept. curlbox)
-I did a brief review on this product in the September curlbox review but I have since been using it and it is my new favorite refresher spray. It's more of an oil sheen spray than a curl refresher but it helps to add moisture to the hair and my scalp loves it. The smell is light and isn't overbearing and is my top  oil refresher spray. I may need to do a comparison of my oil sprays for you all :)

Suave Professional almond + Shea butter conditioner
-This is one of the best "cheapy" conditioners I've purchased! I began using the VO5 to co-wash, but this conditioner is extremely moisturizing. It's formulated for dry, damaged hair and contains 100% natural almond and Shea butter and you all know how much I love my Shea butter! The smell is really sweet and the consistency is thick and creamy. It has great slip and I say it's on the same level as my Tresseme' Naturals conditioner. I definitely recommend this conditioner for co-washing, conditioning or even deep conditioning.

Senica Senk Shampoo Bar (from Sept. curlbox)
-This was my first experience with a shampoo bar and my mind is blown!! I am amazed at how well this shampoo bar cleansed my hair and scalp! It left my hair **squeaky** clean without feeling stripped or dried out. The smell is nice and earthy and it has a decent amount of slip, I was able to finger detangle with the shampoo in my hair. It doesn't sud that much but it gets the job done. I would recommend this product and not to mention it's all natural! I'm all over all natural products.


Herbal Essences Honey, I'm Strong conditioner
-Honey, I'm Strong claims to be a strengthening conditioner with honey and apricot extracts. It has a very thick, creamy consistency and smells great with vanilla undertones with a mix of apricot fruit. This reminds me a lot of the hello hydration conditioner but not as much slip. I was still able to finger detangle with it in but not as easily. I purchased this conditioner more for the strengthening properties. I can't say if it does or doesn't strengthen the hair, but will continue using it overtime. If you're looking for something to strengthen your hair, I would recommend this. For hydration or moisture, it's just OK.

Well, hope these reviews have been helpful for you all. One week from today I'll be celebrating my 1 year anniversary! Giveaway is still in progress. Check out the giveaway blog post for rules and how to enter.

More product reviews coming! Be sure to follow me on Instagram (BesosFeron) for real-time current updates!

Besos, Feron


Comments

View-Worthy