Palmer's, Garnier, Aphogee, & Roots of Nature Review

My naturalversary week has been a very busy, product testing heavy week! I've had my hair blown out, then straightened and now has been twisted up! These six products were used over the past few days and I hope you all can find my review helpful for your specific needs!!



Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula deep conditioning Protein Pack
-Claims to restore and replenish dry, damaged hair with coconut milk, keratin and silk protein. I applied the protein pack to my hair after finishing a hot oil treatment and sat with it in my hair under my steamer for 40 min. My hair felt better than it usually does from steaming my hair! This could be due to
me doing a hot oil treatment prior to applying the treatment but, I really like the softness and condition of my hair. It had great slip and I noticed my hair seemed to have less shedding. I've used other deep conditioning packs before, my favorite being ORS Olive Oil replenishing pak-holy grail product for me, but this pack is my new favorite! My search for a protein treatment is over! I still like the ORS hair mayonnaise, but this one is a little better than it. It smells wonderful like coconuts and is thick and creamy. The package contains 2.1 oz and was more than enough product for my hair! I give it 5 stars! It's paraben free with no animal testing and I rank it a close second to the ORS replenishing pak followed closely by the ORS hair mayonnaise!

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm
-Claims: to give you 3 day frizz resistance and aids you in having faster, easier blow dries and keeping your hair smooth and shiny. I'm on the fence about this product. I used it with grape seed oil to do my blow out. I like it for its heat protecting qualities and how it conditioned my hair; it is infused with argan oil. It did seem to aid in my hair drying quicker and it got straighter than it every has from blow out. What I don't like about the product is how it claims to give you 3 day frizz resistance keeping your hair smooth! This was not the case for my hair. After going out and about around town my fro began to 'shrink' and start reverting back! For that reason alone, I can't recommend this product or give it more than 2.5 stars. Again, if you want something to help with blow drying and heat protection, this product was superior. But I can't stand for misleading claims! Not cool!

Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
-Claims: to strengthen instantly, build body, protect color & chemical services;  with regular use on porous, damaged hair it adds body, helps prevent breakage, controls frizz and helps preserve hair color. On my "How I strengthened my natural hair" post, I sprayed my blown out hair with this to set it the night before I flat ironed it. The first thing I noticed about this spray is it's lovely green tea fragrance! It is very light and brought life back into my very porous, dry shrunken fro! From my first and only use, I do believe this product is truthful in it's claims. My main purpose of buying this product was to use it to strength my hair in preparation not only for flat ironing but for my protective style! More on how I'll use this to be posted in a later post. I give this product 5 stars because if you saw my results from my flat iron, my hair had body for days! I truly believe this product helped with my great results and I highly recommend this for anyone needing to prep their hair for styling purposes!

Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Replenishing Hair Milk
-Claims: to be a lightweight hair lotion for frizz-free moisture and shine. I love how lightweight this super moisturizing lotion is! I used it to prep my hair the night before my flat iron and it did just what it said! My hair was moist, smooth, and shiny and was not weighed down. That was my major concern about using a moisturizer prior to flat ironing. I wanted body yet movement. I give this hair milk 5 stars. It has a great, exotic coconut smell, is fast absorbing without making your hair feel greasy and is very inexpensive! You all know how the Carol's Daughter hair milk pudding was not for me, well I would bet the Palmer's hair milk could give the CD hair milk steep competition at a fraction of the price! Seriously, don't let the hype of a brand make you go broke ladies! This is my choice and I recommend it to you all to try!

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist
-Claims to give 48hr straight finish; gives heat protection and stays smooth and shiny. Let me just stop right here and for all of you who follow me on instagram (BesosFeron) you know after a few hours of being outside in the wind and running around town my beautiful silky straight hair was all fluffy!! So, for the misleading claims I can only give this product 2.5 stars. But, I do love the smell and how light weight is is and the fact that it offers heat protection with argan oil! Are you all seeing a trend here? "Light weight" and "strengthenning" have been my two focuses when purchasing these products. The spray smells great and for the simple fact of heat protection I say go check it out it's very budget friendly!

Soft Sheen Carson Roots of Nature Remedies mango oil & sweet almond oil thermal serum
-Claims to give process-free straightening for natural hair and helps promote strong hair. This conditioning elixir works perfectly with heat to straighten hair without heaviness, greasiness, or build-up; hair remains smooth and full of movement and shine that lasts. It's free of drying alcohol, mineral oil, parabens and petrolatum Let me just say I have found my holy grail thermal heat protectant serum!! I know a lot of people love their ic fantasia heat protectant serum but that did noting for my hair. It was too heavy and too greasy. I would like to test out the spray version one day. This serum lives up the the claims I couldn't believe how smooth and silky straight my hair was and it was so shiny and soft but wasn't greasy or weighed down! I give this product 5 stars and highly recommend it if you're considering straightening your hair! Smells great and does it's job. My hair didn't last due to the elements but that's ok the results were amazing compared to my first attempt which was an epic fail!

I hope these reviews have been helpful! My hair really likes coconut oil, anything mango, an argan oil! Have any of you tried any of these products or have others that meet the same needs? Feel free to comment below or if you have any questions. All products were purchased at Wal-Mart except the Aphongee, which I found at my local beauty supply store!

Comments

View-Worthy