Happy New Year plus product reviews!

First products up for review!
What a blessing it is to see another year!!! Thank you all for supporting this blog for the past few months it has truly been an honor and I hope I can continue to share meaningful posts that you all can find useful or inspiring!
This year, I am going to do any future "hair" product subscription updates differently. I will continue to post a picture of what is included in the month's box, kit, bag etc. but I won't do a review until I have used a significant amount of the items. That way, there will be no need to be redirected to the original post! I will continue to update you all on my fitness journey and will post more on that as well as any health related items I see that may be of some use to someone. Make sure you're following me on instagram (BesosFeron), I post daily updates on hair, health, life, and everything in between. Finally, I will begin to do more "body" related reviews. If you've been with me for a while, you know I am search for less toxic, harmful products to use so I will give my review on items that I'm trying out. Some items I've come across I wish I had read a review for but hey trial and error is fun.



That's all for the updates and what's to come. I'd like to use my first post of the new year to review 3 products! I racked up from Black Friday-Christmas so this year will be full of product reviews and I want to do some face offs! Stay tuned for that ^_^

AuntJackie's curls & coils knot on my watch Instant Detangling Therapy
This product claims to soften, help restore moisture balance, eliminate knots and tangles. It is sulfate-free, paraben free, and contains no mineral oil or petrolatum. I found this product to be an excellent detangler. I was highly surprised at how much slip was in it and how my hair seemed to melt. Before using it, my hair had been braided for 3 weeks under my half wig and I let it be wild and free for one night! My hair was very tangled and matted from just sleeping with it like that and I felt that was a proper way to test this product out. I used this product prior to washing my hair because it has Propylene Glycol (2nd main ingredient) in it and if you refer back to The Great Ingredient Debate post (11/2/12) you will see that is one of the ingredients I don't use. Until I find another detangler that does not contain this, I will only use this as a wash out detangler. For that reason, I give this product 3.5 stars out of 5 and I would recommend it to anyone.Has a great tropical, fruity smell and the consistency is like a watered down Shea butter; a little sticky but not too bad. It was featured in the December curlKit.

softnfree GroHealthy Nothing But Curly Pudding
This product claims to define and enhance curls and coils. It contains no petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants, or phthalates. This product has a light, fresh citrus scent and had a wet pudding consistency or think of a creamy conditioner with hold to it. It is very moisturizing and really does define your curls. I applied it to dry hair and smoothed it down each section then followed with the mold & hold wax. I barely made a dent in the contents of the jar! I have to be heavy handed with products due to my high porosity and thickness but not with this. I had seen this product in Sally's many times but never purchased. I watched a few reviews and was amazed at the shine and definition it gave the ladies. I must say this was my best braid out ever! It was thick, juicy, bouncy, and moist. It was super cold and windy on the day I wore my hair out and amazingly my hair did not dry out! I give this product 5 stars and recommend it! I have no complaints and the price point is very budget friendly at 8.8 oz and you can barely tell I used any! This is now my staple curly pudding! (I hope to have a staple product to share with you all soon, had to start over since I read ingredient labels now lol)


softtnfre GroHealthy Nothing But Mold & Hold Wax
This product is for control & definition and claims to be flake-free, perfect for twists, locks, knots and braids, and infused with natural moisturizers. It also contains no petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants, or phthalates. The scent is similar to the curly pudding and the consistency is like a moisturizing wax jelly that is flexible and mold able. I really like this product for layering on top of the pudding for extra hold and I'm sure this is what led to the superb definition and frizz-free style I achieved. It didn't flake or make my hair hard or crunchy like a typical gel. I really like this product but and would recommend it. I give it 5 stars. The only thing I can say is you don't need a lot just a little bit per section no more than a quarter size which may vary depending on length, density, and texture.

Hope these review were helpful! Any questions or comments, leave them below. If there is a detangler or curly pudding you can suggest I try, because I like to compare products, leave those down below :) Thanks

Besos, Feron


Comments

Post a Comment

View-Worthy