December Subscriptions

December was extra special for me because it was the first time I received 3 subscriptions in one month! There was much buzz about the 'holiday' editions of both the curlKit and curlBox and my inner product junkie got the better of me! I also received my ipsy glam bag with the perfect items for a holiday look. As stated in my new years update post, I will present what was included in the subscriptions and if I have used the products or have no plans too, they will be noted. Full reviews will be posted separately when I use a product. Now, lets begin with the holiday edition of the curlKit.






December curlKit

ily Adore Leave in lightweight conditioner sample
- I really wanted to like this leave in. It's all natural and contains non of my no-no ingredients but, I couldn't get past the smell. It's a very strong, herbal medicine like fragrance.

III Sisters of Nature Natural Curling Gelo (2 sample packs)

Nice & Curly Curl Me Up Curly Pudding (full size product)
- I'm not sure if I will use this product. I tested a dime size on my ends and it was like putting water on my hair? Not sure how it's considered a pudding but will keep you all posted if I use and and figure out how to make it work for me. 

True Crazy Sexy Cool Curls Curling Souffle (full size product)
-I will not be using this product. 

Aunt Jackie's knot on my watch detangler (full size product)
- See full review posted on 1/2/13

U R Curly loose & tight curl enhancer (deluxe size samples)

The curlKit also came with a flower pin accessory. This was my first curlKit and I must be honest, I was expecting more. I felt like this box was for the *wash n go* girl which I don't do. Only two items that didn't involve curl defining which was the leave-in and the detangler. I cancelled my subscription and have the January kit to go.

December Ipsy my glam bag

Mai Couture highlighting paper
NYX Mink Perl eyeshadow
Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil in zero
be a bombshell lip gloss in hot mess
Mirabella Prime for face and eye
Urban Decay Beauty Balm

I haven't used these products yet but will be sure to post a picture of the look I achieve using them.






December curlBox

Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo (sample)
-I just swapped this shampoo for another product in a swap group I'm a member of. It's ok but I can't stand the smell so it had to go. I won't be using this sample.

Nubian Heritage Strengthen & Grow Hair Treatment Masque (sample)
- I am in love with this product! Walgreens is having a BOGO free sale this month and this was the first thing I went looking for. I use it daily as a leave in and moisturizer. I haven't tried it as a deep treatment but I'm sure I will love it that way too.

Dr. Miracles Curl Care Soft Hold Creme (full size product)
- I have not used this yet but I was super excited to see it! Past Dr. Miracles products have been a hit for me and I'm sure this one will too. I will review it once I use it.

Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer (full size product)
- I loved this moisturizer when I was transitioning. It kept my hair so soft and moisturized however, I am now ingredient conscience. I will not be using this product, it has parabens in it. I have someone who wants to swap for it as soon as she finds a product that meets my requirements so no love loss!

Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Activator Moisturizer (2 sample packs)
- I will not be using this product, it has parabens in it.

Isabella's Own Sulfate Free Shampoo (4 sample packs)
- I will be sampling this shampoo on wash day (Sunday) and will do a review for it after that.

Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel (full size product)
- I will not be using this product. I hate it! Yes that's a strong word but please refer to my previous post. I prefer krystal eco styler. 

I am contempt with this box; it's not my favorite but that's ok I would have never been introduced to my new love, Nubian Heritage, without it. 

That's the run down of December! Can't wait to get my January subscriptions! There is a new service I have subscribed to, my brown box which will get its own review! Till then!

Besos, Feron 






Comments

View-Worthy