2012 Favorite Hair, Body, & Face Products

If you're reading this, you survived the Mayan Apocalypse!! Yay for you! But on a serious note, we find ourselves at the end of another calender year and it's a time to reflect, and a time to grow! I always say, make each day better than the last so lets make next year better than this one. Looking back over the past year, I went through a lot of changes and started caring more about the ingredients that were in the products I was using. I sort of experienced my quarter life crisis!

The following are my favorite products from 2012 that survived my first purging of my more "toxic" products! In the new year I will have plenty of product reviews for you all as I racked up on natural hair products during Black Friday and for Christmas; I have also been looking into more natural body and facial products to test out. If you have any suggestions of "natural" chemical free products, or brands you can suggest for the categories below, please leave a comment and let me know! I love trying and testing out new products!


Shampoo & Conditioner Combo













-TRESemme Naturals Shampoo & Conditioner, Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Shampoo & Conditioner, Carol's Daughter Monoi repairing shampoo & Conditioner

Detox







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Bentonite Clay, Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo
 
Deep Conditioner/Protein Treatment
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-NuNAAT Brazilian Keratin Intensive Hair Mask, ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak, Palmer's Coconut Formula Protein Pack, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tear Restructurizer
 
 
 
Co-Wash
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-As I AM Coconut CoWash, Suave Professionals almond + shea butter conditioner
 
Leave-in Conditioner
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Oyin Handmade hair dew leave-in, Eden Body Works jojoba monoi hair milk, nuNAAT Treatment Leave-in
 
Refreshers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-plain water, Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier (spray leave-in), Curls Lavish curls curl refresher, cantu shea butter for Natural Hair coconut milk shine & hold mist
 
 
Cream/Butter Stylers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Cantu shea butter for natural hair coconut curling cream, Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Heart Your Hair Hair/Body Mousse 
 
 
Spray Oils
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Eden Body Works peppermint tea tree oil, ORS Nature's Shine
 
Paste/Gel
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Curls control paste, Curl Care by Dr. Miracles Strong Hold Gel
 
Tools
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Applicator bottle, Croco clips, spray bottle, Goody ouchless bands, bobby pins, scunci no slip grip clips, wide tooth detangling comb 
 
Body Products
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Dr. Bonners Pure-Castile Soap in lavender, Shea Moisture Shea Butter Hand Cream, Burt's Bees lip balm with mango butter, L.A.C.E. Natural Plantain Leaf Healing Balm
 
Facial Products
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-L.A.C.E. Natural Oatmeal & Goat Milk Soap, Lemon Tea Soap, and Australian Pink and French Green Clay Soap; Witch Hazel, Yes to Tomatoes Gel Cleanser, Bentonite Clay
 
 
Any questions or comments, leave them below!
 
Besos, Feron
 
 


Comments

  1. Yes to the tools!!! You definitely need those. I haven't tried any of the "As I am" products but I do love the Carol's Daughter Tui line, which you don't have here. My all time favorite deep conditioner, you have and I'm excited to see that you love it too. ORS deep conditioner, saved my hair through the transition and one year post big chop, it still saves my hair. I like that you have a spray oils list. I need to try those as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm glad I was able to give you an idea of what to try! I've used the CD Tui leave in spray in the past but the smell got to me so I switched to the black vanilla scent. I forgot to add my favorite oils which you know Castor Oil is my fave :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see some of my favorites made your list.
    Qhemet Biologics and Aubrey Organics!!! Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so happy you suggested them to me!! I'm trying something new with my regimen so I'll only be washing with the Aubrey unless I co-wash I read your hair can become immune to products and I want to give the Tresemme a break for a few months :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

View-Worthy