Natural hair & fitness Updates!!

I feel like I've been doing more product reviews than actual.. blogging or sharing my journey! Well, it's been awhile since I've actually updated you all so tell me what's up with you and your journey? Are you reaching your goals? What about your fitness goals? Leave a comment below or if you have any questions that I don't address, ask away! Since there isn't much to update you all on my fitness journey, I will start there!










Fitness Journey


If you are following me on Instagram, you have seen this picture I posted as a way to help introduce fresh juice into your life! There are numerous benefits of adding just one glass of juice into your diet and I feel this challenge is a great way of doing that! I've never been good at eating the suggested amount of daily vegetable servings, but I will drink them! This challenge is also to help ease into a 30 day juice fast for the month of May! If you would like to join me and the other ladies join in! It's easier when you have a partner(s) and accountability buddies to keep you strong. Not only are we juicing, but I am asking everyone to keep up with your current fitness routine. I try to get in 5 days a week of 30 minutes of aerobic exercise. My goal is to stay consistent with that and increase that. I hope to get in an hour of exercise 5 days a week because I know I can go harder. I've been having motivation issues and don't have the same drive I had in the beginning. The following picture does help some of showing where I started and how much I've come. I am proud of my progress but I am not where I want to be. I will get there and with the support of my Instagram fam and Facebook partners, I will continue to push on and hope my journey is inspiring someone to do the same. 
November 2012 - April 2013


Natural Hair Journey 


I am currently reading the book, better than good hair by Nikki Walton of curlynikki.com and have come to the conclusion that I am in the terrible twos stage of my natural journey! I'm past the TWA phase but not yet at the "hang time" phase so I found myself being bored, and disgusted with my hair. I said I wasn't going to dye my hair but would do several henna treatments until I achieved the look I wanted... well I did one treatment and it was so messy, and time consuming that I was turned off! I found myself back online looking up wigs because y'all know I love my wigs but I became irritated with the one I ordered! It looked nothing like it did online so I sent it back and realized I had purchased a box of dark and lovely red hot rhythm about a year ago still sitting on my night stand. Without second guessing myself I watched a tutorial on YouTube then the next day I applied it myself! Needless to say, I am no longer bored with my hair!  


Day of dye application, hair styled in a wash n go
Color in sunlight, more brown than red; braid out
The dye was really gentle and had my curls popping! I didn't want color all over but rather wanted an ombre' effect. I put my hair in 6 pony puffs and applied the dye to the ends. I followed the instructions and sat under a heat cap for 30 minutes and am happy with how well the color took. It's been 3 weeks now since I colored my hair and I have not noticed any breakage or extreme dryness. Just as a precaution, I either steam or do some sort of deep treatment on my hair each week on wash day. I have noticed that the color is not as vibrant as it was when I first colored it and the past 2 wash days, I've had color to wash out. I won't add any more dye but am considering using manic panic to make the red pop again. In the picture to the left and below you'll see how the color is more of an Auburn brown color than the original red as the above picture.


Current M-F protective style; weekends I wear my hair out

Besides dying my hair, as of today I am now 18 months natural!! I feel I have found a routine that works for me. My regimen is pretty simple, I wash my hair once a week and do a deep treatment with either a DC or with oils every week. I keep my hair braided or twisted during the weekdays and wear it out on the weekends. I have a beanie in almost every color and I wear my satin bonnet under the beanie to keep my hair from drying out. Since I work out and sweat a lot, this works for me. I trimmed about 1/2" last week and my ends feel so much better. I did a blow out to see my progress and used the Nubian Heritage heat protectant spray. 


Hopefully, I'll get through the terrible twos and not do anything too drastic. If I get tempted or feel the need to straighten my hair, I will rock a straight wig! Whew... that's all the updates on my hair. With the extra length I have been wanting to try new styles. If you find yourself in a not so happy place with your hair, do something about it but don't give up! Its not always easy but it's worth it! 

Besos, Feron 

Comments

  1. Great post! I enjoyed reading it. I love the juice challange you shared. I think I may try that. Thanks for both sharing and posting. Take care!

    Zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!! And thanks for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. Great results Feron! If it wasn't for my/our initial attempt of juicing, we wouldn't have become virtual buddies :)
    I still haven't been able to keep up with the juicing but I haven't given up hope that one day I will smarten up and just do it!!!
    See you soon!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR crazy small world lol yes see ya in little over a week now yay!! Can't wait :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss and I love the new color. I've hennaed my hair twice now and I looooovvvvee the auburn glow in the sun. I'm due for another treatment soon. Also, I find that the thicker the henna the less messy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

View-Worthy