What to know before & during your juice fast

I've been fasting for 4 days now and I am beginning to get the hang of it. Each day is a little easier than the last. There are some things I wished I knew prior to beginning my fast and I'd like to share them with you all as well as some tips I've picked up on.














1. Experiment with different juice recipes before your fast! On day 2, if you follow me on instagram (BesosFeron) I posted a picture of me making the "Mean Green" and it was awful! I could not make myself drink it, I was literally gagging. So, needless to say if you like what you're drinking, I'm sure you won't give up and will go far on your fast. Pictured below is my favorite breakfast juice the "Toxic Cleansing Blast" -2 handfuls of spinach, 1/2 cored pear, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cored apple, 3/4 cup pineapple. Tastes great!



2. If you're buying fresh berries or bananas, freeze them so they'll last longer. Or, if the produce you want is not available or doesn't look to pretty due to it being out of season, buy it frozen. 















3. Do a cleansing before beginning your fast. You will have no problems with running to the bathroom if you do. I drank prune juice mixed with apple b/c I hate the taste.

There are different stages your body goes through during a juice fast detox. Here is what you should expect to experience. The complete article can be read here:
http://populardietslist.info/7-day-diet/juice-fast-stages-of-detoxification/

Stage 1 (Days 1-2)
This is said to be the most extreme phase of your fast and you may experience extreme hunger and feel weak. You may experience light headedness and nausea. 
-I agree with this. I felt weak, was nauseous at times, and had hunger pains. 

Stage 2 (Days 3-7)
The body begins to adapt to fasting and positive effects begin to emerge. Feelings of hunger are controlled. 
-I am currently in this phase and I am no longer experiencing hunger pains. Positive effects I've noticed include sleeping better! I sleep the entire night now without waking up several times or tossing and turning all night! I'm well rested when I wake up and I seem to have more energy. My skin is becoming clearer and is more radiant than usual. 

Stage 3 (Days 8-15)
You should experience heightened mental clarity, a boost in energy and the immune system. Various side effects begin such as canker sores, muscle pain, and pain at wound sites because your body is beginning to heal it self correctly.

Stage 4 (Day 16 and beyond)
The body is completely adjusted to fasting and you should be in a heightened state of mental and emotional clarity. 

Stage 5 Breaking the fast
Solid foods are re-introduced and should be done so slowly. For the first 5 days, only raw fresh fruits and vegetables should be eaten. 

Hope this helps anyone interested in doing a juice fast! I'll weigh and take my measurements on Day 10 so stay tuned for my progress update!

Besos, Feron 

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to Phase 3 minus the side effects :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

View-Worthy