Sister's Keeper Dip Hair & Body Moisturizer Review

Operation use up my stash is going great and I am finding myself 'shopping' my collection and using items I purchased months ago! This time around, I decided to style my hair using the Sister's Keeper Dip moisturizer. When I first used it, I had a small sample of it and was only able to twist my bangs with what I had and was in shock at how nice my hair looked so I ordered a full size and I am finally reviewing it. If you're interested in checking out Sister's Keeper products, you can do so by visiting www.sisterskeeper.biz 

Claims
- This product claims to be enhanced with essential herbs that help moisturize and penetrate the hair and skin. It is suitable for all hair types and can be used as a leave in conditioner. I have to be honest, I saw the ingredients and was like okay great it's all natural and includes Ayurvedic ingredients but I didn't look more into them. I can say this moisturizer is very rich and thick and was easily absorbed into my hair. 



It's so shiny it'll blind ya ^_^ -no filter
How I used it
-I used the dip to style my twist updo and layered it on top of my leave in conditioner. As stated above, it is very thick and has some hold to it. My hair was damp before I applied it by smoothing it through my hair. As you can see in the picture, my hair is extra shiny, looks very moisturized and looks transformed. My hair has never felt so soft and silky as it did when I used this moisturizer. It's like my hair goes from feeling coarse to feeling like fine hair. After talking to my curl friend B about how my hair seemed to transform, she noticed that hempseed butter is one of the ingredients. She tells me hempseed is one of the oils that is in particular amazing for coarse hair because it has a lot of fat which helps to smooth the hair shaft and seal in moisture. Before knowing all or this, I was singing my hair is silky smooth to the tune of Super Freak! (Silky smooth, silky smooth, it's silky smooooooth yeah... don't judge) 
Silky smooth, shiny, and soft hair = Juicy Twists -no filter

Benefits of Hemp Seed Butter 

  • Develops stronger and healthier hair.
  • Great for all hair types (oily, dry or normal) gives hair a dramatically different look and feel for the better.
  • The butter is exceptionally rich in essential fatty acids that nourish the skin and helps reduce moisture loss from the skin & hair.
  • Hemp butter is rich in essential fatty acids, which help to build other chain fats, which your body uses to maintain maximum health.
  • It is a natural sun block. 
-Source: blackhair101.com

Then it hit me! If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen me praise the Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu line repeatedly.  Hemp seed oil happens to be one of the main ingredients and my hair loves those products. They make my hair feel extra soft and smooth after I use them. I'm thinking since the Dip moisturizer uses the butter vs. the oil, that maybe why the effects lasted longer; but my hair is extra thick and coarse so butters always work better than oils. With the Dip, I was able to go 4 days before re-moisturizing my hair! That is on the Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream level at 1/2 the price! This is just what I experienced with the product so if your hair feels dry and rough or needs help with moisture retention, I highly recommend the Dip moisturizer. For me, it has two uses as a styler and a moisturizer. 

Twist out super defined -no filter
Besides how great my hair looked and felt, I achieved a bomb twist out! Have any of you tried any products from Sister's Keeper? What are your favorite butters? What is your best moisturizer? 

Till next time!

Besos, Feron 


Comments

View-Worthy