CRN Almond Jai Twisting Butter Review

Hello ladies!!! I am so excited to finally share my experience with you all on the Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter! I have seen and heard great things about this product but you all know me I am anti hype and have become stubborn with what new products I purchase. Having had a great experience with the CRN deep conditioner, I decided to explore more of the line and picked this up at Target. This will be a short review as the pictures speak for themselves so as usual I will begin with the product specifics. 






Almond Jai Twisting Butter


 
 
 
 
 
 
The Almond Jai Twisting Butter is said to be a must have butter that will leave your twists soft, strengthened, elongated and holds your style. The product is noted for having sweet almond milk and honey as two of the major ingredients that love curls, coils, and transitioners. The butter can be applied to wet or dry hair to twist and can also be used for wash and go styles for extra moisture and elongation. 

The first ingredient of the butter is water so this is what I would call a "wet butter". It is very moisturizing and I found myself able to use it as a moisturizer during the week on my ends. Although it is a wet butter, it is thick and creamy like cake batter. In the picture you can see how it peaks and is slow to move if the jar is tilted or turned upside down. The scent reminds me of sweet vanilla butter cream frosting. It's not super loud but does linger. 

How I used it


Flat twist updo #1 no additional product added  through the week
I have been testing this butter out for about 3 weeks now and have used it in as many ways as I could think of. The first way I used it was to style my hair in two different flat twist updos.  The container states it is the *best* moisturizing twisting butter ever! I have to agree! The first week I had my hair in a pin up style; I did not feel a need to re-moistuirze my hair at all that week! This style was done on wet to damp hair. The second flat twist updo was styled on dry stretched hair with no water added before applying the Almond Jai. The superior hydration of the twisting butter made my hair wet and curls pop and clump together which produced gorgeous, juicy twists as seen below. 
Applied on *dry* hair! No water or additional product added.



Flat twist updo #2 styled on dry stretched hair.
In my last review of the Naturalee twisting butter I said due to it's consistency it's perfect for dry styling well think of the Almond Jai as the complete opposite. Although it is a wet butter, some how it lives up to the claims of giving elongated hold. Usually when your hair gets wet, it shrinks up to half its length but I kept the majority of my length as shown in the picture below of the great definition the Almond Jai gave my twist outs. The product weighs the hair down some which helps keep the hair stretched.


Definition for days! Elongation, softness and bounce! 
The Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter has made my Holy Grail list! It gave me the coveted soft, bounce back springy hair with great definition and hold minus the frizz! Three weeks of great results and multiple uses from a styler to a moisturizer and used for softening my edges, I am for sure team CRN.   For up to the min updates, follow me on Instagram @BesosFeron Have you tired this product or any other CRN products? What is your staple twisting product? Let me know and if you decide to try this I want to see your results! 

Besos, Feron :-* 

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience, as you I`ve been using a great products for my hair, there's a hair care kit that comes with organic shampoo and conditioner designed to make hair soft, shiny and healthy especially if you use heat tools or hair dye. It also comes with a
    deep conditioning hair mask and an argan oil heat protectant that works miracles, Try it on you will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review :) I need to use mine its sitting in my stash lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

View-Worthy