Blow out Product Review!

The last time I attempted to blow my hair out was for my 18 month natural length check. Now, at 21 months natural, I decided I wanted to do mini twists on my hair so I opted to do a blow out to try and prevent the twists from shrinking up. Many of us use the tension method to get the hair as straight as possible but it is really time consuming. Also, it can be rather difficult to maneuver the blowdryer and a denman brush and keep the hair stretched all at the same time. The struggle of it all led me to search for a different blow dryer that was shaped like a big brush so I could eliminate the awkwardness of the tension method and reduce the time for styling. The following are my reviews of the Conair 3 in 1 styler blowdryer and the Nubian Heritage heat protectant leave-in conditioning cream. 




Conair 3 in 1 Styler 
I rarely blow dry my hair so I was not worried about getting the most expensive dryer. I found this blowdryer at Family Dollar for $19.99. It is very similar to the one on the Sally's website but $20 less. It has two heat/speed settings, low and high, and has a cool shot button. The dryer comes with three attachments: a styling comb which is fine tooth, a detangling comb which is wide tooth, and a bristle brush for smoothing. I will not be using the fine tooth comb as the teeth are too fine and will not go through my thick hair. 

To do my blow out, I used the detangling comb. Once the heat protectant was applied, I made sure the section of hair was detangled before using the dryer. I held the ends stretched out like doing the tension method and ran the dryer along the length of my hair. The low heat setting was more than enough for getting my hair pretty straight. I enjoyed using this dryer and think it is well worth the investment if you have trouble holding your brush in one hand and the dryer in the other trying to do the tension method. I was able to do my blow out in half the time it would normally take me and received the best blow out I've ever had! 5 stars no complaints. 



Nubian Heritage Honey & Black Seed Heat Protect Keratin Leave-In Conditioning Cream
This cream claims to provide all day straightness and shine while protecting hair from heat styling damage. The product is thick and creamy and has a pleasant light smell to it. I only suggest using this cream for doing a blow out as it may be too heavy for a flat iron style. They also offer a heat protecting spray which I will review when I flat iron my hair. 

I agree with the claims of the product that it does offer protection from heat styling damage as I am wearing my hair in a wash n go puff and my curls all reverted back nicely. Also, before I could finish twisting my hair into mini twists it was starting to revert back. Another claim that I noticed instantly was the shine this cream provides. Usually, my hair looks dry and not well conditioned when I do a blow out but not this time. It was full of body and shine, it was bouncy, and it was very soft to the touch. If your hair isn't easily weighed down by product, I highly recommend this product as your heat protectant. My hair felt and looked great and this is now my staple heat protectant leave in. I'm sure the spray by the same brand will deliver similar results and I will keep you all posted. 5 stars and no complaints. You can find it at Wal-greens or Walmart. 
Blow out results


How do you do your blow outs? What's your staple heat protectant? Do you use the tension method and is it a struggle for you? Let me know I want to hear about you alls experiences! Hope my review has helped!

Besos, Feron 

Comments

View-Worthy